Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Photo Project


 


 

Photo Project Summary
                The photos I took represent a place that’s come to mean a lot to me in the past nine months, Iowa State. As a new freshman in the fall, I felt as if I would never know where my classes were or be able to call Ames home. Looking back, I realize how much has changed in the past year. I have changed. These photos represent my journey as a person through the past year.
                The pictures I took depict the places that I have come to think of my own throughout Iowa State. I included pictures of the Memorial Union and the Campanile because, while they are Iowa State icons, I have come to think of them as my own. I will always remember walking through central campus on a nice fall day and hearing the campanile play “Bad Romance”. The Memorial Union is where I have met friends for countless lunch dates.
My picture also depict where I spend most of my time academically. It seems like I lived in Hoover, Gilman, or Molecular Biology this year. The picture “Chemistry” represents the bulk of my first semester worries and concerns as many hours were spent working out problems, writing protocols, and memorizing formulas for Chem. 177. Another building I included was Mackay. Mackay is where my orientation class for Dietetics was held. The picture of the benches on the inside of Mackay is significant because that is where I met my friends Holly and Marie. I have many classes with both of them. They are part of what makes Iowa State special for me. I could not leave out a picture of Parks Library. It’s been such a good place for me to study, grab a quick lunch, read the Daily, or study some more.
                Many of the photos I took are pictures of friends because they are what make Iowa State unique to me. I have met awesome, lifelong friends here at Iowa State. I have laughed with them and figured out college and life on my own with their help. Without them I would not be the person I am now or had the awesome experiences I had my freshman year.
                Iowa State is a great university. This past year, it has become my home. The people and places are now my own. I can’t wait to continue my journey at Iowa State.


No comments:

Post a Comment